Here’s a bold statement for you: October is one of the best months for seasonal food and drink.
It’s also a great time to find specials at Lehigh Valley restaurants, perfect for watching the football or just enjoying the bounty of fall.
Check out this trio of recommendations.
Allentown Bell hall The HiJinx Beer Dinner will be held on the patio on October 16th at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets will include a five-course dinner paired with five beers from Hijinx Brewing Company.
- First course (h’ourdorve): salmon tartare on a cucumber base with pickled ginger
- Second course: (appetizer): puppy stew in beer batter
- Third course: (salad) Candied lemon-peach salad with honey vinaigrette
- Course Four (Part One): Smoked Rabai with Beer Glazed Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Fifth Course: Hijinx Beer Dessert
There will also be live music. (Note: Menu items are subject to change.)
How much: $55. information: https://www.facebook.com/events/3354899118077421/?ref=newsfeed
Pumpkin spice is, of course, the ubiquitous flavor of fall.
If you want to experience the true flavor of pumpkin spice, you’ll want to get a scoop of this flavor at Easton’s Owowcow Creamery. Like everything they make there, it’s all natural using local ingredients.
If pumpkin spice isn’t your fall flavor, you can also try some of their other fall flavors like Spice Tea. It is a black tea ice cream spiced with cinnamon, cardamom and other spices.
Owowcow Oil Refinery is located at 1262 Simon Blvd., Easton.
Of course, autumn means football and McCall Collective Brewing Co. you have it covered.
Weekend specials, open from noon to 5 p.m. Friday through Monday, include:
- $1 off all pints
- 12 wings for $12
- Cheesesteak Fries, $9.50
- 3 beef sliders, $9
- Shrimp and Corn Gravy, $7 (served with tortillas)
- Classic Grilled Cheese with Garlic Bread, $6
Info: 102 E. Susquehanna St., Allentown; https://www.mccallcollectivebrewing.com/