Candies containing Jif peanut butter are added to the recall list
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Another product is on the recall list due to a serious Jif peanut butter recall due to possible salmonella infection.
Cargill is recalling several products sold in stores and online, including chocolate-covered peanut butter Ritz crackers and peanut butter melts.
They all contain recalled peanut butter. Here is a list from the FDA of what to look for:
- K119D Peanut Butter Eggs in Dark Chocolate – 8 oz. Box
Lot 220216AC, best used before 16.05.2022
- K119M Peanut Butter Eggs in Milk Chocolate – 8 oz. Box
Lot 220216AF, best used before 16.05.2022
- K120D Peanut Butter Covered with Dark Chocolate – 8 oz box
Lot 220224AA, best used before 24.04.2022
Lot 220219AB, best used before 19.04.2022
Lot 220215AC, best used before 15.04.2022
- K120M Meltaways Peanut Butter Coated with Milk Chocolate – 8 oz. Box
Lot 220222AA with the best when used before 22.04.2022
Lot 220218AG with the best when used before 18.04.2022
Lot 220215AE with the best when used before 15.04.2022
- K121M Ritz® crackers with peanut butter in milk chocolate – 8pcs. 8 Ounce Box
Lot 220302AF with the best when used before 02.06.2022
Lot 220216AJ with the best when used before 16.05.2022
Lot 220209AF with the best when used before 09.05.2022
- K508 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fondant – 8 oz. Box
Lot 220219AF with the best when used before 04/19/2022
- K509 Peanut Butter Fondant – 8 oz. Box
Lot 220219AC with the best when used before 19.04.2022
The products were sold at the Wilbur Chocolate retail store in Lititz, which is outside Lancaster.
No diseases were registered. Click here for more information on the Jif peanut butter recall.
Anyone who has food should throw it away or return it to the store.
For more information on this recall, visit the FDA website here.