LOWER PROVIDENCE – A man from Lower Providence, accused last year of possessing more than 7,300 images of child pornography, saw charges against him after he allegedly continued to possess such material while on bail pending trial in the original case.

65-year-old Edward Clyde Alvin Jr. of the 100th Quarter of Park Avenue was brought to District Court Judge Michael P. Quinn on 252 charges of child pornography and one charge of misappropriation of communications in connection with alleged incidents in March. . On May 17, Alvin is awaiting a preliminary hearing on new charges before District Court Judge Kathleen Kelly Rebar.

At the time of his arrest, Alvin was on bail pending trial on charges against him in January 2021 of possession of 7,366 child pornography. As a condition of the bail, Alvin was forbidden to use the Internet, as well as contact with minors.

The latest investigation began on April 11, when county detectives received a CyberTip from the Pennsylvania Task Force on Internet Crimes Against Children, initiated by Apple Inc., “after detecting child pornography uploaded by users of their platform,” District Detective James. Rip, who is alleged in the criminal complaint, added that Apple reported the incident to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

A tip initiated by Apple reported that Alvin uploaded child pornography images to his platform from March 4 to 7.

“Apple has released a total of eight emails containing images of confirmed child pornography,” Rip said, adding that the images were uploaded by Alvin through one email account and then transferred to another of his email accounts.

According to court documents, the pictures showed women aged 3 to 12.

Armed with a search warrant, on April 28, detectives came to Alvin’s house and took away his mobile phone, court documents show. When detectives pre-scanned the phone, they found four video files that “clearly portrayed” a child under the age of 13 engaging in indecent contact, or minors involved in lewd behavior “for the sexual pleasure of the viewer,” Rip said.

The initial investigation began in October 2020, when county detectives received a CyberTipline notification sent through the Delaware County Cybercrime Task Force, which consists of 26 reports submitted by Google to a user account containing more than 500 images. sexual abuse of children ”. images, ”the court materials say.

The files depicted various sexual images of children “from infancy to adolescence”, as Rip claimed in his initial arrest statement. The investigation linked the user’s account information to Alvin’s residence.

On October 28, 2020, operatives arrived at Alvin’s residence and confiscated a computer tablet that was undergoing forensic examination. According to the criminal case, operatives allegedly found 7,366 files with images “depicting children under the age of 18 who perform sexual acts and pose naked.”

“More than 100 of these images were with children under the age of 13. Most of these images and files are infants and children who are sexually abused, ”Rip said in an initial arrest statement.

The case is being handled by Assistant District Attorney Jedi Grobstein. Defense attorney Brooks Thompson represents Alvin, according to court records.

The prosecutor’s office said the Montgomery County Detective Bureau, along with specially trained and sworn detectives from police departments across the county, regularly cooperates with the Internet Crimes Task Force to protect children from Internet predators, aggressively and actively investigating online crimes. exploit children.

https://www.mainlinemedianews.com/2022/05/05/charges-mount-against-accused-lower-providence-child-porn-collector/

Previous articleLancaster County deeds recorded: April 25, 2022 | Deeds Records in Lancaster County
Next articleTime McCormick of Astros met Tim Maze of the Blue Jays in the battle for the University of Millersville alumni in MLB [video] | Sports