Spring is here!
Where can I Find Spring Flowers?
Learn more about what is flourishing and what will be in the region’s gardens, parks and reserves as of March 21st.
- Next: Blooming quince
- Siberian socks, daffodils and forsythia bloom near the Schutz Environmental Library (3 Nature’s Way, Lancaster).
- Wildflowers have not yet blossomed near the Indian Rock.
- Lean rose (hellebore oriental)
- Dogwood Dogwood (Cornus mas)
- Star magnolia (Magnolia stellata)
- Okame Cherry Tree (‘Prunus’ Okame)
- Skunk cabbage (Symplocarpus foetidus)
- Cyclamen (cyclamen coum)
- Adonis amurensis ‘Fukujukai’
- Crocus tommasinianus
- Lenten rose (hellebore oriental)
- Tubergen skull (scilla mischtschenkoana)
- Bodnant viburnum (viburnum x bodnantense ‘Dawn’)
- Crocus chrysanthus (‘Blue Pearl’)
- Narcissus (‘Tete-a-tete’ narcissus)
Shenks Ferry Wildflower Preserve usually reaches its peak of flowering in mid-April. We are waiting for details about the reserve and others managed by Lancaster Conservancy.