Harrison Senior Living, an award-winning provider of health and hospitality services for seniors in Valley Township, Chester County and the Eastern Shore of Delaware and Maryland, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a series of special events through 2023.
Founded by James and Catherine Harrison in 1972, the company’s first community was located in southeastern Pennsylvania. In the following decades, Harrison Senior Living opened four additional locations in Delaware and Maryland.
All of Harrison’s senior living communities will celebrate the company’s golden milestone through a series of events at each location, allowing residents, their families, employees and members of the larger community to reflect on the company’s history, honor its residents and employees, and celebrate the value of the company. future growth and expansion into new geographic areas and service areas.
Some of the upcoming anniversary events:
• Community Day Picnic, Friday, 1-4pm at Harrison House of Snow Hill, Snow Hill, MD. Topic: “We celebrate YOU! Our staff and our community.”
• Open House, September 29, 3-6pm at John B. Parsons Community. The “Relax and Reflect” theme will include tours of the renovated community spaces.
• Art Show, October 6, 4-7pm at Harrison House of Chester County, Valley Township. The theme is “An Evening of Art and Community” which will focus on a contemporary take on local history.
Following these events, each location will host team recognition events in October. The schedule of events is designed to include and appreciate all stakeholders of Harrison Senior Living.
For more information on these and other Harrison Senior Living Golden Jubilee events, contact the appropriate host facility. Events are by invitation only in accordance with health regulations.
“Harrison Senior Living prides itself on operating a loving, family-friendly environment in all of its communities for the benefit of patients, residents and staff,” said Harrison Saunders, president and CEO of Harrison Senior Living. “Our 50th anniversary is not only a testament to our residents, their families and our staff, it’s also an opportunity to highlight our commitment to being and remaining a family-owned healthcare and hospitality company.”
Led by the third generation of the Harrison family, Harrison Senior Living has been honored with numerous awards and accolades:
• In 2022, the American Healthcare Association received a Silver Quality Award for Harrison House of Snow Hill.
• 2022 marks the seventh year in a row that readers of Metropolitan Magazine have named Harrison House of Georgetown the “Best Nursing Center in the Southern Democratic Republic.”
• In 2022, Metropolitan Magazine readers named John B. Parsons Nursing Center the “Best Nursing Center in Eastern Maryland” for the second year in a row.
• 2022 recipient of the American Health Association’s John B. Parsons Bronze Award for Quality in Nursing
• 2022 Best Place to Work winner companywide and for the second year in a row at Harrison House of Chester County and the John B. Parsons Community
• Employee honors in 2021 and 2022 included three McKnight’s Healthcare News awards, a Women of Distinction award and a Titan 100 CEO award.
Harrison Senior Living team members are encouraged to be active in their communities and give back whenever possible. Team members volunteer or serve on the boards of organizations including regional senior centers, chambers of commerce, Rotary clubs, Boy Scouts of America, the Alzheimer’s Association, associations of public health facilities, and animal and environmental groups.
Harrison Senior Living plans to continue to celebrate its achievements and, more importantly, provide residents with the very best in health care and senior living services. To learn more, visit www.harrisonseniorliving.com.
About Harrison Senior Living
Harrison Senior Living has been providing health and hospitality services to seniors for 50 years. Family owned and operated, Harrison Senior Living prides itself on the services it provides. Its independent living, assisted living/personal care, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation communities strive to meet the needs of residents in a loving, home-like environment.
Located in southeastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Harrison Senior Living offers a continuum of care services and senior living options through programs that positively impact the health and well-being of residents and communities served.
Harrison Senior Living adheres to the following core values:
• Treat residents and visitors with respect, compassion and empathy.
• Empower your teams to strive for the highest quality and standards.
• To serve the communities in our buildings and outside among our neighbors, always exceeding expectations.
• Maintain a family of support, service and excellence.
Harrison Senior Living is committed to helping residents and their loved ones find the support they need. Whether in the form of advanced skilled nursing programs, rehabilitation services, assisted living options or independent living communities, Harrison Senior Living is always looking for new ways to develop and nurture creatively caring communities for residents and guests.