How to achieve balance with black and white
Black and white is a neutral color combination that can be easily worn or worn, and in many cases is the perfect base for just about any color palette.
Many designers say that the main thing – to find the perfect balance for how and when to use combinations of two colors in space.
Here are some top tips.
What to do
1. Consider works of art to bring black and white into space.
2. Include black and white accents and accessories to contribute to the black and white color scheme.
3. Consider the paint as an accent wall to bring black and white into the space.
4. Combine the color palette with the black and white color palette. Green and yellow work well.
5. Introduce large-scale black and white elements into the space, such as large works of art.
1. Don’t oversaturate the space with too much black or too much white. A ratio of 50-50 or 70-30 is a good rule.
2. Do not include too dark elements in a room that does not receive much light. In these cases, add shades, tones and shades of white, and use black as an accent.
3. Do not ignore the opportunity to bring black and white into the space in large and bold ways, such as larger pieces of furniture and upholstery.
4. Don’t ignore the possibilities of portable decor using black and white such as pillows, throws and accessories.
5. Don’t overdo it. Remember that less is better. Use black and white as a basis for your color story.
New York-based Katie Hobbes is an Emmy Award-winning TV presenter and a nationally renowned expert on interior design and home scene with offices in New York, Boston and Washington, DC. Contact her at email@example.com or visit her website at cathyhobbs.com.