Gettysburg College picked up a win over hometown Stevenson on Wednesday in a non-conference men’s soccer game.
No. 23 Gettysburg (5-0-1) battled Stevenson (0-4-4) 3-2, keeping its undefeated record intact.
• Conor Fyfe scored first for the Bullets from the penalty spot.
• Aidan Muller scored for the Bullets in both halves of the game.
• Thiago Silva scored for the Mustangs in the 27th minute.
• Joe Nicholson scored the second goal.
• After Conor Fyfe converted a penalty in the 15th minute, Athi Msiza found Aidan Muller to score in the 20th minute.
• Stevenson set up Thiago Silva’s goal in the 27th minute and Joe Nicholson scored the second late in the first half.
• Aidan Müller scored the final goal in the 54th minute off an assist from Fritz Reiter.
• Gettysburg had a 13-4 edge in shots and a 4-2 edge in corners.
• Each team had three yellow cards.
Gettysburg returns to action against Swarthmore on Saturday for their Bullet Pride game. Game time – 19 hours
WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: McDaniel defeated Gettysburg College 2-0 on Wednesday.
McDaniel (3-2-2, 2-0 CC) scored in the final five seconds of the first half and then added an insurance goal in the second half to beat Gettysburg (2-3-1, 1-1 CC).
• Caitlin Amann made three saves for the Bullits.
• Elizabeth Leshard scored the first goal of the game for the Green Terror.
• After an even first 44 minutes 30 seconds, McDaniel converted a corner kick with 20 seconds left in the first half. The first try bounced to the top of the box where Elizabeth Leshard smashed the ball through the defense to make it 1-0 with two ticks to go.
• From a corner kick in the 61st minute, Abby Witzel was able to just get a left-footed shot from Olivia Maskunas and redirect it into the net for the final margin.
• McDaniel finished 14-4 in shots and 9-2 in corner kicks.
Gettysburg returns to action at home against Swarthmore on Saturday. Game time – 16 hours