The Pennsylvania Senior Farmers Nutrition Program, a nationwide program through the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, is designed to raise money to buy Pennsylvania’s nutritious produce. To receive these vouchers through Indiana County Aging Services Inc., by December 31, 2022, the recipient must be 60 years old, an Indiana County resident and meet the 2022 household income guidelines.
Eligibility for family income in 2022: one person, $ 25,142; two people, $ 33,874; three people, $ 42,606; four people, $ 51,338; five people, $ 60,070; six people, $ 68,802. The program does not include seniors living in nursing homes, monasteries, and living quarters.
Each eligible person will receive a total of four $ 6 vouchers each. Each set will cost $ 24 in vouchers to be used in state-approved farmers ’markets.
Only one set of vouchers per person.
This year’s vouchers from the farmers’ market must be picked up at the indicated distribution points. Vouchers will not be distributed by mail. If you are unable to visit the center on the specified distribution dates, you can pick up vouchers at your local center only after the distribution date has passed. Vouchers will not be available at the Oak Place Building.
If you collect other people’s checks on them, you must have a completed application form or power of attorney. It must be pre-signed by the person for whom you are taking the vouchers. Proxies are limited to four. A person can only pick up checks for four people. You can get proxy forms at your local ASI social center.
The schedule of the ASI social center is as follows:
- Armagh: Tuesday, June 14, 10 a.m. to noon
- Chestnut: Tuesday, June 14, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mahoneing: Tuesday, June 14, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Altman: Wednesday, June 15, 10 a.m. to noon
- Homer City: Thursday, June 16, 10 a.m. to noon
- Indiana: Thursday, June 16, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Salzburg: Thursday, June 16, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Two Lisa: Thursday, June 16, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The schedule of ICCAP Food Bank is as follows:
- Tuesday, June 14, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- June 15, Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.