Russell Brand has quit YouTube amid claims the platform is “censoring” him.

The outspoken comedian moved to Rumble – a rival online video platform – after one of his posts was “censored” and YouTube claimed it contained misinformation about COVID-19.

Russell explained to his audience: “We have been officially censored by YouTube.

“They took down one of our videos for misinformation.”

Russell, 47, explained that the previous clip had been removed from YouTube after he “quoted information on official government websites that we misinterpreted”.

The movie star admitted the mistake and apologized for the mistake.

In a video message, he said: “We made an apology video, we also took it down. YouTube took down our original video, we made an apology video because in case we repeat the claim, apologizing for it.

“We made a mistake, in my opinion, a relatively small mistake, and we are being punished!

“It looks like censorship to me, and the reason I think it looks like censorship is because there’s misinformation in the mainstream media all the time.”

Russell also suggested that he will be able to speak more “freely” at the Rumble.

The ‘Get Him to the Greek’ star, who has been outspoken on various political and social issues on his YouTube channel, said: ‘I believe we are in a moment of crisis and things need to change radically, fast. And I believe we’ll be able to communicate our message more freely at Rumble.”

Russell also explained that people of all political persuasions can join him on the new platform.

He explained: “I support and love you all. If you love Donald Trump, I love you. If you love Joe Biden, I love you.”

https://www.celebretainment.com/celebrities/russell-brand-moves-to-rumble-amid-censorship-row/article_f4924f23-7caa-52a8-9b5e-d53262486b9f.html

Previous articleDolphins-Bengals Thursday Night Football winners – NBC10 Philadelphia
Next article“CSI: Vegas”: What brings Katherine back? Also, where are Gil and Sarah? (CALL) | Entertainment news