To create a real army TechCrunch Disrupt — which will take place on October 18-20 in San Francisco — is a well-rounded experience that experienced startups have come to know and love. And we couldn’t do nearly as much without our incredible volunteers.
If you’re looking for a no-budget way to experience Disrupt in person, sign up as a volunteer for labor exchange. Not only will you get a behind-the-scenes look at how to create events, but you’ll also get a free pass (cost $1995) experience the event.
You’ll work hard, play hard, and get free access to all three days of Disrupt. Whether you dream of becoming a startup founder, marketer, or event coordinator, this is a great way to learn what it takes to run a world-renowned tech startup conference.
Plus, your free pass gives you access to the full Disrupt experience—the main stage, the TechCrunch+ stage, the show floor—where you’ll find Battlefield 200 startup — and Battlefield startup competition.
Volunteers perform various tasks to make this startup conference an epic event for everyone. At any time, you can help with registration, wrangle speakers, direct attendees, distribute goodie bags, post signs, scan tickets, or help with pre-marketing activities.
Volunteers needed October 17–20. If you meet the following criteria, we want to hear from you:
- Attend a mandatory briefing on Monday, October 17th at the Moscone Center.
- Work at least 10 hours during the entire conference, starting on October 17th (the day before the conference) and ending on October 20th. You will find out about the availability of a volunteer shift in the application. We may select you for some pre-event opportunities that will count toward your hours.
- You may be assigned an 8 to 9 hour shift or two separate shifts of 4 to 5 hours each. Shifts can start as early as 6:30am PT or end at 8:30pm PT
- You must provide your own accommodation and transport.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we will only notify selected applicants.
Read it FAQ for volunteers for more information.
Give us a helping hand and we’ll give you a free pass. Save money, gain valuable experience, and still have enough time left to take advantage of all the startup benefits TechCrunch Disrupt has to offer. Apply to volunteer by October 3rd to get your free pass and we’ll see you in October!