We are pleased to announce that yours electronic edition (digital copy) has changed. To help with this transition, we’ve prepared some frequently asked questions and want to highlight some new and improved features.
Check out what’s new in our updated design.
- Easier navigation – a toolbar appears at the top of the page with several arrows directing you to additional content
- Improved readability of the article – click anywhere in the article and it will open in text form with additional options to increase visibility
- Better zoom features – text size increase/decrease options remain available in toolbar and article view. Other options to toggle between page fit/page fill or single page or double page view
- Ulcers – use this tool to drag and drop to create a clip to share, download or print content
- Bookmarks – use this tool to save articles or pages to return to later
- Crossword – You can also quickly jump to comics and puzzles, such as daily crosswords, by clicking on the available icons in the e-edition article view.
You will find that there is much more to explore with your updated e-edition. Delivering our news content in a format that is beneficial to you is our number one priority. We’re still listening to our audience to find ways to improve, so we’re not done yet. Look for announcements about enhancements in the coming months. Read below for answers to frequently asked questions.
Will I still be able to print articles and newspaper pages from the electronic edition?
Yes, there is still a print function, which is in the navigation bar at the top or in the icons above the article in the article reader.
Here’s where it’s located in the navigation bar on the home page:
And here it is at the top of the article reader page:
In addition to printing, you can also save as a PDF using the same option, or you can use the “download” button on the main navigation bar to simply download the pages without printing.
Will I be able to search for articles in the issue or in past issues in your archive?
Yes, there is a search function to find articles in an issue and an archive to search past issues. Access to archived editions is available for up to 30 days.
Is there an index to jump to sections or pages?
The index feature from the previous e-edition has been changed to help improve navigation and is now called Pages. It can be found in the lower left corner of the e-edition and can be opened by clicking the tab.
You can see what it looks like:
Once you click the Pages tab, a view will open with section labels and page thumbnails, which can also be clicked to load that page.
There are also menu items on the right side of the navigation bar. These choices are in order:
- List of chapters – quickly jump to the sections of today’s post
- Today’s issue – get access to all our publications, including our weekly magazines.
- Menu – find your saved downloads folder or access other features